Travelblog: Once in a lifetime voyage into chaos and beyond - Chapter 2
_Schwann_
2004-05-30 01:31:51 UTC
http://www.webtrance.co.za/Travelblog/index.htm

For those of you that want more media than usenet can give you, go to
the link above, otherwise just bite down hard and read on.....

So it's 2.05AM Sunday 30th May 2004 and there's now less than a week to
go. Surrounded by every increasing piles of discarded cardboard and
plastic I stumble towards departure with an ever decreasing sense of
reality. I remember once writing somewhere; "it never get's weird enough
for me". I guess the words themselves don't mean much, it's what they're
hotwired to, things words can't do by themselves, but it feels like I'm
arriving at some kind of cut-off point, a point where it all comes down
to throwing onself at the mercy of the elements, and trusting those
that, one hopes, can safely navigate them. This is like my first solo
expedition as a broadcast TV road warrior carrying all the battery
chargers, spare clips plus all the junk you need to make you feel like
it's all really going to work better than the guy who just bought an old
handycam from from some pawnbroker in Observatory. In the middle of the
night it's all crap because I just tried fitting everything into this
humoungously expensive photographer's case I bought today. Ok, it fits,
except I didn't think the backpack part of it out very well and since
don't intend hiking down the Amazon with two cameras a laptop and a
tripod on my back, I'll have to swap it for a model that doesn't shriek
"overkill" at me back in the studio. Yes, it's come down to this and I'm
tempted to upload a a 360 degree view of my office, which is like
pericope down. Earlier I spent an hour messing around with this wide
angle lense I swapped a 256MB chip for. OK, I did buy a 512MB chip for
the Fuji in the last week, so I'm still ahead, or am I? Besides all of
this, I'm on the run from the Receiver of Revenue but hopefully I'll
also have that sorted next week also. If not, no one will be able to get
hold of me for weeks, which is beginning to look like a better
proposition than staying behind and coping with all the chaos I've
caused. I reckon it'll be easier once I've left because instead of just
'feeling' that I'm not really here, I 'really' won't be here, but then
will I really be there? Damn, I hate these late night sessions, or do I?
Bill Cleere
You can't get the wood, you know.
sam ende
2004-05-30 17:56:35 UTC
Post by _Schwann_
Damn, I
hate these late night sessions, or do I?
hey, liked your post :)

sammi
--
semiopathy rules!