Geese on New Year's Eve
d***@nomail.com
2005-01-05 00:02:59 UTC
The flock of geese above me
Upon a New Year's Eve
Say, flying, that they love me
And cherish all that lives
No.
Rudy Canoza
2005-01-22 20:06:41 UTC
The flock of geese above me
Upon a New Year's Eve
Say, flying, that they love me
And cherish all that lives
No.
To her, yes, they do.
d***@nomail.com
2005-01-22 21:11:19 UTC
Post by Rudy Canoza
The flock of geese above me
Upon a New Year's Eve
Say, flying, that they love me
And cherish all that lives
No.
To her, yes, they do.
She's wrong. Not entirely unlike The Logic of the Talking Pig.
Hey, let's share the "Logic" with people in some of the other
groups besides t.p.a., who may not be familiar with it yet.

The Logic of the Talking Pig is really a collection of at least
34 fantasies, written by one of the founders of "Animal Rights"
Henry Salt, and presented to give the false impression that pigs are
capable of things which they are not:

" This, then, is the benign attitude of the Philosopher towards the Pig;
and what shall be the reply of the Pig to the Philosopher? "Revered
moralist," he might plead, "it were unseemly for me, who am to-day a
pig, and to-morrow but ham and sausages, to dispute with a master of
ethics, yet to my porcine intellect it appeareth that having first determined
to kill and devour me, thou hast afterwards bestirred thee to find a moral
reason. For mark, I pray thee, that in my entry into the world my own
predilection was in no wise considered, nor did I purchase life on condition
of my own butchery. If, then, thou art firm set on pork, so be it, for pork
I am: but though thou hast not spared my life, at least spare me thy
sophistry. It is not for his sake, but for thine, that in his life the Pig is
filthily housed and fed, and at the end barbarously butchered."

In order for the fantasy to be any more than a children's story
type of fantasy, it would be required that (in order of appearance):

1. pigs are capable of replying to humans
2. pigs are aware of revered moralists
3. pigs understand the concept of pleading
4. pigs contemplate time
5. pigs contemplate their own existence
6. pigs contemplate the future
7. pigs understand their bodies will be butchered
and prepared in specific ways
8. pigs understand and are capable of disputing
verbally with humans
9. pigs consider that they may be unworthy to dispute
with "a master of ethics"
10. pigs consider themselves to have an inferior intellect
11. pigs know humans deliberately raise them
12. pigs are aware of death
13. pigs know they can be killed
14. pigs know humans deliberately kill them
15. pigs know humans eat their dead bodies
16. pigs consider what motivates human thinking
17. pigs are aware of moral reasoning
18. pigs believe recognition of the fact that they only exist because
humans raise them, can only be done in an attempt "to find a
moral reason" for devouring them
19. pigs consider how they come into existence
20. pigs accurately understand what humans do and do not consider
21. pigs contemplate their own fate
22. pigs would rather they had never been born
23. pigs know humans eat meat
24. pigs know they are "pork"
25. pigs have a "so be it" attitude about humans killing them for food
26. pigs are able to understand human speach
27. pigs believe recognition of the fact that they only exist because
humans raise them, is in some way "sophistry"
28. pigs understand the situation they are in
29. pigs understand how the situation they are in relates to humans
30. pigs are aware of filth
31. pigs feel they are forced to live in filth
32. pigs contemplate the fact that humans feed them
33. pigs feel that what and or how they are fed is filthy
34. pigs contemplate what will happen to their bodies after their death
(8)
2005-01-22 21:15:49 UTC
please stop crossposting. nor only is it rude but it fills peoples
newsreaders with crap they dont care to read.
Post by d***@nomail.com
Post by Rudy Canoza
[...]
|theshadowytimeandspacebetweenthedarknessandthelight|
|theshado dspacebetweenthedar thelight|
|thesh ytimea acebetweenthe nessan light|
|the owytimeand ebetweent rknessandt ght|
|t adowytimeandsp etwee darknessandthe t|
| shadowytimeandspac w hedarknessandtheli |
| eshadowytimeandspaceb nthedarknessandthelig |
| eshadowytimeandspacebe enthedarknessandthelig |
| eshadowytimeandspaceb nthedarknessandthelig |
| shadowytimeandspac w hedarknessandtheli |
|t adowytimeandsp etwee darknessandthe t|
|the owytimeand ebetweent rknessandt ght|
|thesh ytimea acebetweenthe nessan ight|

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted
d***@nomail.com
2005-01-23 20:33:11 UTC
Post by (8)
please stop crossposting. nor only is it rude
There's nothing rude about it. On the other hand,
it's very rude of you to lie and say that it is. Also, you
are doing it. You are extremely rude.
Post by (8)
but it fills peoples
newsreaders with crap they dont care to read.
I hate to read posts in which people do absolutely
nothing but whine about someone posting something they
don't happen to have any interest in. If everyone whined
and cried whenever they saw a post they had no interest
in, imagine what it would be like. I've seen one particular
moron who will post thousands of posts in his supposed
attacks against threads he doesn't happen to be interested
in. You who cry are the worst of the spammers. There's a
chance that some people might be interested in human
influence on animals, but no one reading wants to watch
somebody start crying because a thread is posted to more
than one group. You are extremely rude. What's the happy
side to this? You could get over it...maybe.
[...]
John Jones
2005-01-23 20:40:25 UTC
stop cross posting. Then fuck off altogether.
Jay Santos
2005-01-24 21:36:19 UTC
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:15:49 -0600, "(8)"
Post by (8)
please stop crossposting. nor only is it rude
There's nothing rude about it.
Yes, it's extremely rude. Also very juvenile. But that's all Fuckwit
David Harrison has to offer.
Jay Santos
2005-01-24 21:35:16 UTC
Post by d***@nomail.com
Post by Rudy Canoza
The flock of geese above me
Upon a New Year's Eve
Say, flying, that they love me
And cherish all that lives
No.
To her, yes, they do.
She's wrong.
No, you just don't like her interpretation.
d***@nomail.com
2005-01-25 16:52:13 UTC
Post by Jay Santos
Post by d***@nomail.com
Post by Rudy Canoza
The flock of geese above me
Upon a New Year's Eve
Say, flying, that they love me
And cherish all that lives
No.
To her, yes, they do.
She's wrong.
No,
Yup.
Post by Jay Santos
you just don't like her interpretation.
No Gonad. They don't love her. They don't love you.
They do not in any way--flying or otherwise--lie and say
that they do love her or you. They do not cherish all that
lives, and they don't lie and say they do that either.
Jay Santos
2005-01-25 18:08:26 UTC
Post by Jay Santos
Post by d***@nomail.com
Post by Rudy Canoza
The flock of geese above me
Upon a New Year's Eve
Say, flying, that they love me
And cherish all that lives
No.
To her, yes, they do.
She's wrong.
No, you just don't like her interpretation.
No
Yes. You're a plodding stupid high school dropout, and you don't
appreciate poetry.

That's all, Fuckwit.
John Jones
2005-01-25 19:18:18 UTC
Post by Jay Santos
Post by Jay Santos
Post by d***@nomail.com
Post by Rudy Canoza
The flock of geese above me
Upon a New Year's Eve
Say, flying, that they love me
And cherish all that lives
No.
To her, yes, they do.
She's wrong.
No, you just don't like her interpretation.
No
Yes. You're a plodding stupid high school dropout, and you don't
appreciate poetry.
That's all, Fuckwit.
You are wanker. You talk like a wanker. Fuck off from altphilosophy you
snotty cunt.
c***@boo.net
2005-01-26 02:22:10 UTC
please stop crossposting. please delete alt.support.dissociation from
this list.
the words in the subject line may be a huge problem for some of the
folks at a.s.d. the group has a no xposting request in the faq.

some schmuck keeps xposting to a.s.d. even tho they know the policy of
the group and why it exists.

John Jones
2005-01-25 20:08:33 UTC
go fuck yourself
then fuck off from altphilosophy you little irrelevance